Seochon (Sejong) Village 서촌마을
Gyeongbokgung Station (line 3, exit 2). Upon exit, walk along the main road, Jahamun-ro. Most attractions are on the left of Jahamun-ro.
Seochon Village (or Sejong Village) is located at the west of Gyeongbokgung Palace, and thus giving its name reference to 'West Village'.
The village resembles the old Seoul with hanoks (traditional Korean houses) along its many alleys. Interesting boutique shops, beautiful cafes and art galleries have emerged over the years that harmonised with its surrounding well, making Seochon Village a favourite place for leisure walk, afternoon tea or simply exploring.
What to see and do at Seochon (Sejong) Village:
1. Shops and cafes (along the main streets of Jahamun-ro 1-gil & Jahamun-ro 7-gil) - e.g. Dae-o Bookstore (the oldest bookstore in Seoul), Aux Petits Verres (cafe).
2. Sejong Village Food Street (Jahamun-ro 1-gil) - An alley of many affordable restaurant options.
3. Tosokchon Samgyetang (Jahamun-ro 5-gil) - The famous Ginseng Chicken Soup in Seoul.
4. King Sejong Stone Plaque (along Jahamun-ro just after Jahamun-ro 9-gil) - Birthplace of King Sejong, the fourth king of the Joseon dynasty and the creator of Korean alphabet Hangul. Also, King Sejong is also face on the green Korean 10,000 bank notes.
5. Tongin Market (Jahamun-ro 13-gil) - Make your own lunch box purchased with traditional coins.
KoreaToDo TOP PICKS - Tours, Activities & Discount Tickets
➥ Handpicked experiences by KoreaToDo for their uniqueness, value, popularity, price competitiveness and at times, tedious to reach by public transport.
♔ KoreaToDo recommends Klook.com, Asia leading in-destination service provider.
🌿SEASONAL FAVES🌿 Handpicked Experiences from Seoul
Other KoreaToDo Collection that you may like:
Samcheongdong - European-style cafes, trendy shops and chic galleries
Sanmotoonge @ Buamdong - Hill top cafe at a charming neighbourhood
Ihwa Mural Village - Famous for murals on walls & staircases.
Still looking? Explore KoreaToDo handpicked collection of: